Friday, July 15, 2011

NEVER too late to learn NEW TRICKS!

Since the change over from Flowers and gifts of Moss Industry to the NEW  'MOSS GROTTO' I've been overwhelmed by the interest in my paintings instore.
With a fresh re-launch of interiors and homewares I've been inspired to paint again!
Some pieces sit at home unfinished or on hold....but the paint is out and the canvases are ready to go.

My Mother Libby who works at Moss Grotto on Sundays has a shy hidden talent for oils and has been off the brushes for too long! Amazingly talented in any creative venture she takes on I decided to bite the bullet and enroll us in a painting course.Starting Monday in Geelong at the Arts Society we both hope to be brave and build our confidence in all things involving paint and brushes.Should be fun!
The pieces below are some I still have and some sold long ago.When I look at them it's nice to remember where I was at in my life.All of them hold a memory for me which is always so nice....
Enjoy!
 This portrait above is my Mum.(1999)

 This paint colour of the girls changed so many times.The pink and red came together after many layers of paint. (SOLD) Started(2002) Completed (2006)
Mother and Daughter.(2002)$500

 60's Sun Hat (2007) One of my favourites and sadly not for sale.She sits in our lounge at home and often gets moved around.
 Old Neighbour/Friend of mine Krista Vendy.Photo Shoot in St.Kilda for New Weekly Magazine(2000)
Painting above her is called Lovers.Not for sale.

This painting is nameless and not finished.She sits in our hall.I promise myself everytime I walk up our stairs - that I WILL finish it soon.

'Sun Kissed' $650 (2002)

(2002)Sold.Owner Andrea Orchard of Barwon Heads.

Sketch from home.

Aboriginal Cowgirl from Western Australia.Sketched in Charcoal.



Keep an eye out for new works that will slowly work their way into Moss Grotto over the coming months.
Some of my works here are still around and some sold.I like to look at them sometimes because I remember where I was at when I did them.

No comments:

Post a Comment