Saturday, August 13, 2011

NEW stock arriving soon....

The trade fair has been and gone and what a week! 100's of stands and so much to see.In the coming months you will see new pieces arriving at MOSS GROTTO that I hope you love as much as I do!

I always say, "If your eyes like it then your heart will love it!"

In my 20's I worked in the buying office at Sportsgirl.We were taught to buy for the customer.I did listen and learn alot in those years but I can honestly say that I have always gone against their motto.I simply buy what I love and hope that my customer will love as much!

Little handmade pottery pots & brass jugs.

           NEW wood Marron glace boxes. Small:$18.50ea     Large: $25.50ea

French vintage glove Moulds $95ea
Large wood sieves $42ea

Amigo has some news.....'NEW Mexican Milagros folk charm crosses coming soon......


Leather fringe necklaces $60

Large wood sieves $42ea

I love this fabulous shot of my girlfriend.The sepia sits well with my latest post.I met Anne-Maree in the early 90's when I worked in TV & radio.After so many years as her friend, she is warmly known to me as simply A.M.

If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have survived my single days and vice versa.Everyone knows her for hosting 'The Agro Cartoon show' for years, later moving onto 'The Great Outdoors', The Bert Newton Show' and many more fabulous things.She's now a proud Mum residing in Melbourne with partner and 2 beautiful children. Luckily for me, she holidays at her home in Bells Beach over Summer.
Silver Birch branches with large wood sieves.

Handmade ceramic tureen. 

Afghani pendant fish $85 (one off piece)

Amigo and donkey boy look forward to seeing handmade ceramic beads in blue,mustard and terracotta at MOSS GROTTO.

Alpaca pendant strung on macrame thread of red silk with coin detail.$69
 Nomadic tribal round pendant on red silk macrame thread $69.
Handmade ceramic jug & indian printers stencils from India.
(price to be posted)

Indian one off framed prints $35-130ea

The Milagros Cross.
Milagros are religious folk charms that are traditionally used for healing purposes and as votive offerings in Mexico.In Spanish, the word Milagro literally means miracle or suprise.
As part of a religious ritual or an act of devotion, Milagros can be offered to a symbol of a saint as a reminder of a petitioner's particular need, or gratitude for a prayer answered. A Milagro of a body part, such as a leg,might be used as part of a prayer or vow for the improvement of a leg. A heart might represent ideas as diverse as a heart condition,or a romance. Milagros are also carried for protection and good luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment